Top Cop wraps up Divisional inspections
– with visit to Bartica
DPI, Guyana, Sunday, November 25, 2018
Police Commissioner Leslie James DSS., DSM yesterday concluded his Divisional Inspections with a visit to Bartica (F Division).
The Police Chief along with his Deputy Commissioners and several other key officers were welcomed by the ‘F’ Divisional Commander, Senior Superintendent Kelvin Adonis, top Regional Officials and a Guard-of-Honour shortly after arriving at the Bartica Stelling around midday.
Scores on onlookers were on hand to witness the Commissioner’s inspection of a parade comprised of ranks of the Police Force and members of Community Policing Groups.
Impressed with the turnout and bearing of the ranks, Commissioner James promoted nine of them on-the-spot. Later at the Bartica Community Centre Ground, he spoke at length of the direction the Force is heading, with regards to its reformation process which has already begun.
Several issues and concerns that were raised by persons in the packed auditorium, were all addressed by the Top Cop and his Deputies. In the audience were representatives from various sectors of society.
The Mayor of Bartica Gifford Marshall and the Region’s acting Regional Executive Officer Hubert Knights in their remarks, both spoke highly of Police’s performance and pledged to continue to lend support where necessary. Regional Chairman Gordon Bradford was also present but had to leave to attend another engagement.
Those promoted were:
1) Corporal 21516 Tishan Rodrigues.
1) Lance Corporal 20640 Ryan Craigen
2) Lance Corporal 21665 Keron Crandon
3) Detective Constable 21258 Delon North
4) Woman Detective Constable 22540 Toni Bentley.
To Lance Corporal:
1) Detective Constable 20643 Phillip Bourne
2) Constable 18744 Andre Fung
3) Constable 23647 Jermaine Batson
4) Woman Detective Constable 23126 Ananda Harris
5) Constable 23784 Burt Burnette.