NATIONAL INSURANCE SCHEME
– NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE MEASURES
March 19, 2020. – Being cognizant of the very important role the National Insurance Scheme plays in the daily lives of pensioners and contributors, the scheme would be implementing the following measures in alignment with the World Health Organisation (WHO) social distancing recommendations effective March 22, 2020.
- Access to NIS compound:
Access to all of NIS Offices will limited to:
- Persons encashing vouchers
- Persons paying contributions
- All contribution records can be accessed online via the website www.nis.org.gy
- All records queries can be done via our live chat platform or email address: email@example.com, telephone numbers 226-8059 or 225-2798
- All requests for change or correction to names along with supporting documents can be placed in drop boxes located at strategic points at the entrances of our Offices.
- Alternative Payment Methods
Payment of Contributions can also be done using the following:
- The online submission system
- A flash or Electronic device which can be placed in drop boxes located at strategic points at the entrances of our Offices.
- Cheques can be placed in our regular cheque boxes and receipts will be sent through the post.
SELF EMPLOYED [PERSONS
- Self Employed persons can utilize the GTT Mobile Money service to make their payments.
- All applications for Compliance Certificates can be places in our drop located at strategic points at the entrances of our Offices.
- All enquiries related to Compliance Certificate can be made via email address firstname.lastname@example.org, the live chat platform on the website:www.nis.org.gy or telephone number 226-5809
- Application for refund of contributions can be placed in drop boxes located at strategic points at the entrances of our offices.
- All cheques for refund of contributions will be sent through the post.
- All claims will be received using drop boxes located at strategic points at the entrances of our offices.
- Claimants wishing to make enquiries about outstanding claims can do so via our live chat service on the website: www.nis.org.gy, email email@example.com or telephone number 225-2793,5,7
- All Short Term Benefit vouchers will be posted.
- The signing of Life Certificates by NIS Officers will be suspended until further notice.
However, this can be done at the following persons Justice of Peace, Notary Public, Minister of Religion, Medical Practitioner, Head teacher, Manager of a Bank or Branch of a Bank. The designation stamp must be affixed.
- Persons wishing to make pension enquiries can do so via our live chat platform on our website, email address firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 225-2793,5,7
- All new application for Pension must be submitted via post or can be dropped in the boxes located at strategic points at the entrances of our Offices. Application forms can be downloaded from the website www.nis.org.gy
- Compliance Certificates will be processed within 5 working days and can be uplifted at specially identified areas at Brickdam and our Local Offices.
- Information in relation to distribution of Pension Books will be communicated shortly.
- Job Applications
All job applications must be sent via mail to the Legal Adviser, National Insurance Scheme, Brickdam and Winterplace Georgetown or email addres email@example.com