GNBS updates COVID-19 public advisory
As Guyana and the rest of the world tries to come to grip with the impact of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic on the health and safety of our people, the Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS) remains highly cognizant of the health and welfare of our employees and customers during this period. As such the GNBS wishes to announce that with directive from the Department of Public Service and the Ministry of Public Health:
- That our Head Office and Sub- Offices will be closed effective April 04, 2020 until May 03, 2020.
- All our officers will be working remotely within the confines of their homes.
- The general public, stakeholders and customers can still reach out to us during this period via our 24/7 support service by WhatsApp messages and calls on (592) 692-GNBS (4627), our social media handles @GNBSGY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and our website: gnbsgy.org.
- For Importers, our officers are currently handling releases of imports for warehouses through the ASYCUDA operating system remotely via online means. We encourage importers to make their payment for these releases via use of Mobile Money Guyana (MMG) or a direct deposit to our Republic Bank Account No.96295-6887467. If you use direct deposit as a form of payment, kindly scan and e-mail your proof of deposit to email@example.com or WhatsApp (592) 692-GNBS(4627).
- Field operations for verification of all weighing and measuring devices used in trade will be postponed during this period. However, point to note, this is usually done twice per year in the months of January-February and November-December. Other routine activities will be placed on hold until further notice. Verification of measurement of crude oil onboard the FPSO continues.
- The general public can still review standards that are available for comments at gnbsgy.org (Standards for Public Comments) and submit these comments to the GNBS via the Comments Sheets on our website or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org before the specified deadline.
- Persons interested in making purchases of electronic standards or through our ISO webstore can do so via making request by e-mail to email@example.com or Payments can be made through direct deposits to our Republic Bank Account No.96295-6887467. Once you have made your deposit, kindly scan the deposit slip and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp.
- Calibrations of all industrial equipment both onsite and offsite will be placed on hold except for clinical thermometers used in the Health Sector (digital, liquid-in-glass and infrared) with ranges of 35-40 degrees Celsius. This will be done free of charge until May 30, 2020. Persons can make request via e-mail at email@example.com or our WhatsApp.
- All our training programmes have thus far been postponed until further notice and updates will be provided in the coming months. Persons can contact our Business Support Services Department via e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp for more information.
- All our external audits have been rescheduled to a later date. Customers can make inquiry via e mail to our Certification Services Department at email@example.com or WhatsApp.
For specific core services related inquiries, you can send e mail via
For all other and general inquires
Be cautious, stay safe, practice social distancing and follow guidelines from the Ministry of Public Health.