September pension payment to begin on Sept 1
The Ministry of Human Services and Social Security wishes to advise that payment of old pension will begin on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at post offices countrywide.
The Ministry is cognisant that in previous months, payment would commence approximately one week before the actual month’s disbursement. The early payment system was implemented to ensure that pension and National Insurance Scheme (NIS) disbursement schedule did not overlap, thus preventing overcrowding at the post offices.
However, pension and NIS payments would not coincide for September month, but early pension payment would resume for October.
As customary, the alphabetical system, using surnames/last names, will be employed for senior citizens to receive their payment during the first five payment days of the month at Post Offices in Region 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10.
Senior citizens will be paid as follows:
- Surnames/last names beginning with the letters A to D on Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Surnames/last names beginning with the letters E to K on Wednesday, September 2, 2020
- Surnames/last names beginning with the letters L to P on Thursday, September 3, 2020
- Surnames/last names beginning with the letters Q to T on Friday, September 4, 2020
- Surnames/last names beginning with the letters U to Z on Monday, September 7, 2020, will be the fifth payment day.
The alphabetical system will only be used during the first five payment days. Senior citizens will be allowed to cash his/her coupon/s on any day after the fifth payment day.
In keeping with the guidelines provided by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), post offices continue to enforce physical distancing between individuals accessing their services. This measure limits the number of individuals who can enter any post office at any given time. Persons visiting the offices are asked to wear protective masks and sanitise their hands before entry.
We look forward to your cooperation as we seek to STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19.