Appointment of new GNBA Board of Directors
The Office of the Prime Minister wishes to announce the appointment of the new Board of Directors of the Guyana National Broadcast Authority (GNBA) by His Excellency, Dr. Irfaan Ali, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, pursuant to the Broadcast Act No. 17 of 2011.
These appointments were made after significant examination of the most competent and available candidates of Guyanese patriots and take effect from December 1, 2020 for a period of one year.
Attorney at Law, Mr. Glen Hanoman has been selected as the Chairman of the new board. Other members of the board are:
- Mr. Valmikki Singh – Telecommunications and ICT Specialist
- Ms. Davie Sukdeo – Administrative and Marketing Manager
- Mr. Robert Mohamed – Broadcaster & Radio Frequency Communication Engineer
- Mr. Jason Abdulla – Digital Communications Specialist
- Darryl Akeung – Information Technology Specialist
- Opposition Nominee – To be nominated
- Head of the Telecommunications Agency
The Guyana National Broadcasting Authority is the legal body in Guyana with the responsibility to regulate, monitor, protect, improve and maintain the highest standards of broadcasting in Guyana.
The selection of such a diverse and experienced board is indicative of Government’s commitment to ensuring professionalism, equity and high standards in the broadcast industry in Guyana.