Contingency Fund untouched for two years – Min. Jordan
─ achieved through better accountability and transparency in Govt
DPI, Guyana, Thursday, January 3, 2019
The contingency fund has remained untouched by the Government of Guyana for the last two years.
Minister of Finance, Winston Jordan during a recent interview with the National Communications Network said:
“It will be the second consecutive year when not a single cent has been taken from the contingency fund 2017, and now 2018.”
According to the minister, to have an untouched contingency fund for two consecutive years in Guyana is something which was not done in the last three decades. He said this was achieved through better accountability and transparency practised by the APNU+AFC Government.
“We have so far been able to manage to such an extent, to use what… has been given to us and what has been given to us as supplementary appropriation bills.”
The Finance Minister explained that having a background in finance and being a person dedicated to financial prudence, he wanted to adhere to the constitution.
Image: Keno George.