COVID-19 cases decline in St Cuthbert’s Mission
COVID-19 cases in St Cuthbert’s Mission continue to decline as the lockdown and other measures imposed by the Ministry of Health has seen active cases drop to 153.
This was confirmed by Minister of Health, Hon. Dr Frank Anthony on Thursday during the daily COVID-19 update.
“We’ve continued to do testing and over the last 24 hours, we found two additional persons who were positive. We will continue to monitor and conduct tests and once we have positive people, we would isolate them and take the necessary precautions.”
The Minister noted that most of the cases recorded in the area have been asymptomatic, which he says is “good progress.”
Meanwhile, the Ministry continues to conduct household assessments and sanitisation exercises to curb the transmission of the disease. Dr. Anthony said the Ministry is also working along with the Village Council to ensure persons understand why they need to observe the COVID-19 measures.
“I think we are gradually getting better compliance. We are also collaborating with the joint services who have assistance in a number of ways in terms of the lock down.”
Minster Anthony said the Government is cognisant of the challenges persons face during a lockdown. Earlier in the week, the Civil Defence Commission distributed hampers to families in the area to help them meet their needs.
However, while the numbers continue to go down, it is too early to determine how soon the lockdown will be lifted. In the meantime, the medical team will continue to monitor the situation.